Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Recessionista!


Recessionista!

When you work in any fashion industry of the world, you do see your share of bad clothes! And there’s nothing more exciting for us than when we see a genius piece of clothing by a genius! Sadaf Malaterre, a designer who’s been around but has only recently gone public is not only a dear friend but is also someone I trust to come up with something new, every now and then. I was hanging out with her when she was creating this yellow outfit I am wearing. With the ongoing economic crisis, she was definitely thinking out of the box. I immediately ordered the outfit and now I have a piece of clothing that’s absolutely genius! I can wear this dress 3 ways!!! The yellow or the pink for evening while the inside (which is black polka dots on white base) for office wear or day wear! I can wear it with jeans or tights, I can wear it as it is or I can even wear it with denim shorts at the beach! I can dress it up with heels or give it a casual vibe with gladiator chappals. I can carry a clutch or I can carry a hobo bag! With all these options, this piece is surely one of the best investment pieces around. Need I say I feel like a recessionista?!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are for sure a former fashionista Andy Mommy, all the best on this new quest for fine items at an affordable cost. Way to go and yes Sadaf it is an amusing piece with beautiful colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said recession was about only and only gloom...! it can be fun too, only if you yourself are fun enough and know how to stay stylish no matter whatever happens around. Sadaf's such a true savior for anyone who wants to be a modish recessionista!!!
    and a big congrats to my Editor-in-Chief for finally initiating her blog! It looks as perky as XPOZÉ itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations ! and best wishes for the blog. . MY question .. did she charged you then for a price of three outfits ? another question ; had you gone for this outfit if there was no recession??

    ReplyDelete